Switch to full style
This forum is for discussions about Airshows, aviation events and allows WIX member to coordinate a get together and meet ups at these events.
Post a reply

Dayton Air Show Cancelled for 2020

Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:53 am

Announced yesterday that the Dayton Air Show is cancelled for 2020.

Re: Dayton Air Show Cancelled for 2020

Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:58 pm

Edwards too I understand.

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:21 pm

[Post reviewed and edited]

Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:29 pm

At this point, I'm assuming every public event for 2020 is already done.
Don't count on anything for 2021 at the rate things are going.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:26 am

We’ve already had one airshow in the U.K., the next is on Sunday. Limited precooked numbers, marked bays to park in with enough room to sit by your car while social distancing, only leaving the area by your car to use the toilet facilities or food vendors, no access to flight lines.

It may have been a strange experience, but any evening you get to see two Spitfires and a Hurricane fly, four WWI rotaries, and a DH88 Comet with a pair of Mew Gulls, is a good evening in my book, especially in 2020.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:12 am

Mike wrote:We’ve already had one airshow in the U.K., the next is on Sunday. Limited precooked numbers, marked bays to park in with enough room to sit by your car while social distancing, only leaving the area by your car to use the toilet facilities or food vendors, no access to flight lines.

It may have been a strange experience, but any evening you get to see two Spitfires and a Hurricane fly, four WWI rotaries, and a DH88 Comet with a pair of Mew Gulls, is a good evening in my book, especially in 2020.

The London (Ontario) Airshow is using a similar format in September. This style of show has the unique advantage for folks who can't handle long walking distances. My dad is coming with me and it will be his first airshow in years! We're loading up the truck with chairs and a cooler full of grub and cold drinks. Bring on the Raptor and Thunderbirds 8)

https://airshowlondon.com/

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:42 am

Warren AFB (Wyoming) had a "drive in movie" style air show this month - they had the A-10 demo, F-35 Demo, F-22 demo, Wings of Blue demo, plus a bunch of fly-bys. It was 1500 cars all parked in a socially distanced manner and as i understand it was quite a hit! You had to bring your own food and beveridge - the base provided outhouses but there you go!

Tom P.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:48 am

wendovertom wrote:Warren AFB (Wyoming) had a "drive in movie" style air show this month - they had the A-10 demo, F-35 Demo, F-22 demo, Wings of Blue demo, plus a bunch of fly-bys. It was 1500 cars all parked in a socially distanced manner and as i understand it was quite a hit! You had to bring your own food and beveridge - the base provided outhouses but there you go!

Tom P.

Airshow London in Ontario is going to do something similar. They have different tiers of parking based on how close you want to be to the runway and how much money you want to spend. They're charging by carload rather than by individual ticket. They've said the airshow lineup projects to be entirely military. I think it's a great idea for the organizations with the persistence and flexibility to hold events.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:29 am

Reminds me of the Pixar movie "Cars." All the spectator cars parked around the circumference of the oval. It could be just like the drive-in movies!

I don't much like junk vendors, crowds and overpriced hot dogs, so the "new normal" may not be so bad. But then again I'm just cranky.

wendovertom wrote:Warren AFB (Wyoming) had a "drive in movie" style air show this month - they had the A-10 demo, F-35 Demo, F-22 demo, Wings of Blue demo, plus a bunch of fly-bys. It was 1500 cars all parked in a socially distanced manner and as i understand it was quite a hit! You had to bring your own food and beveridge - the base provided outhouses but there you go!

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:33 pm

wendovertom wrote:the base provided outhouses but there you go!

No pun intended? :wink:
Post a reply