Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:37 pm 

Quote:
Also when are you going to sign up and become are first Official First Lady of the Wix Board

now :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:50 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

I attended media day today at Quonset. Met some interesting people including Hunter Ellison <sp?> from Tactical To Practical. Didn't actually get to talk with him beyond a greeting, they were taping a segment for the show (they were focusing on the Shockwave Jet Truck)

Speaking of the Shockwave. This truck is amazing and nearly fried me. He was displaying the power of the truck for the History channel cameras and while in front of me, 30 feet away, lit the three afterburners and made a 90 degree turn bringing the flames less than 10 feet away. The wave of heat washed over me and freaked my camera man out. Once I realized my eyebrows were intact I cheered the truck and proceeded to take pictures of he follow up displays, lots and lots of smoke. Howver, I was so rattled by the experienced that I proceeded to swap the lenses by opening the film door. Oh well...

All in all it was an interesting day except for the majority of air activities were grounded due to weather. Hopefully we'll have better weather tommorrow.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:33 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Col. Rohr wrote:
Hi All,

Well it turned out to be a rather nice dat. The only Warbirds there were the red Baron Team 2 L-39 and a SNJ.

Speaking of the Red Baron Team their #1 plane was build Dec. 8 1941 makes it a rather historical bird.

The F-14 Demo was great along with the C-17. Scott, myself and some Lurkers from the Republic were their and I'm here to tell you we got a real old fashion Sun Burn my Neck is KILLING me.

Ciny have fun on Sunday the weather is going to be great.

The day was great, started out with less than ideal later but cleared up later and only delayed the aerial elements a half hour.

I met some lurkers and recruited some new lurkers and that was interesting. I want to thank Katy of the USAF for the tour of the C-130J cockpit (or as the pilot reminded me, the PC term is flight deck)

I will be working up an article as soon as I get the pictures back.

Scot

This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:45 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Col. Rohr wrote:
Hey Scott,

Did you you find out why the F-86 was'nt their?

Nope, haven't heard a thing about it.