Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:01 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Would like to see some pix, as I missed it this year. :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:19 pm 

I was too busy on the ramp all three days to get photos and there was only one media guy there though you might find a web site or two in about a week or so because there were a lot of other guys out there with very good cameras.
It was the usual mix of homebuilts, vintage and surplus. The Yaks & Stearmans were there, a good mix of Wacos, Howards and some really beautiful homebuilts. The best, in my mind was a really gorgeous homebuilt, I was told a Super Pitts built around the Russian nine cylinder M~14P radial engine.
The CAF had their B~25, Stearman, T~6 {all gave rides}, C~47 and Champ present. The PB4Y anchored the warbird row with the gleaming aluminum Lockheed next. A Howard was parked there for mx. The Vultee from Prescott was back, he gave a few rides. Plenty of Yaks, many with their obligatory "for sale" signs. The L~39 was static the whole weekend and the Eloy DC~3 was a late arrival which had to be parked on the parallel since we were out of room.
The FAA idiocy that shut down the control tower was actually a blessing since most pilots welcomed the lack of control until they were ready to be parked. This part went well like it does at the Antique fly~in in the spring which has never had a tower.
The field was full on Sat with plenty of vendors and some exhibition rides for prospective customers.
Rumors abound about the future of both fly~ins at CGZ since most of the planners have been doing so for many years without respite. I have worked with most of these guys for many, many years and the expectations, nay demands of the visitors takes a lot of the pleasure out of the whole event. Of course, the complainers represent a small segment of noisy people who detract slightly from the overall weekend for those of us who work/volunteer each year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:30 pm 

There are some photos here:

http://azaerophoto.com/forum/index.php?topic=2256.0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:53 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Thanks Chris for the link! pop2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:30 pm 

This design is wicked. You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.