Switch to full style
This section will be used for notification and news of changes implemented in the Warbird Information Exchange forums, the sites comprising the Warbirds Resource Group, and the Warbird Registry.
Post a reply

Officially cancer free

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:52 am

Hi all, some of you old time WIXers might remember that I went through a rough patch a dozen years ago. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer and had to go through surgery and chemo and the first year was in treatment and then recovering from the treatment.

Well on Monday I went to visit my oncologist, which thankfully is only an annual thing now and he essentially told me to get out, he never wanted to see me again! After 12 years of dealing with this I am now, officially, cancer free. No more CT scans with their cold snot barium solution, no more needle sticks (I estimate that in the first six months I had between 500-600 needles stuck in me. No more!

I just figures those of you that are my friends and have been here through it all would like to know.

:drink3:

Re: Officially cancer free

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:28 am

Congrats Scott! Glad to hear the cancer is gone. :drink3:

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:41 am

Stay healthy my friend! :supz:

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 am

That's great. I'm super happy for you. :D
aeroeng

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:24 am

Congratulations, Scott! Happy to hear that. :drink3:

~J~

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:26 pm

super news scott, more and more it is being whipped. :supz: :supz: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drink3: :drink3:

john

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:36 pm

I was preparing myself for what "site news" I was about to encounter. This is way better than anything I expected. I don't know what the site would do without you. Congrats! :drink3: (Don't forget to congratulate yourself appropriately :wink:)

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:50 am

Hip hip hooray for you Scott. Awesome. :drink3: :drink3: :drink3:

Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:47 am

Joining one day after you, Scott, I guess that I qualify as one of the "old time WIXers" but that was on this "modern" forum, right? The old one was before that, the days when I notified you of forum crashes from europe ... 8) ... even before they had happened in the U.S. I don't say much these days but I still lurk on a more or less daily basis. Anyway ... :supz: ... congratulations!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:12 am

Wonderful news Scott! A doctor once told me... stay away from hospitals if you can, they're full of sick people. :wink: Keep on truckin' dewd!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:14 am

airnutz wrote:Wonderful news Scott! A doctor once told me... stay away from hospitals if you can, they're full of sick people. :wink: Keep on truckin' dewd!

I didn't have cancer before I went to the doctor, all I had is a lump. One trip to the doctor and I had cancer! Correlation? Doctors cause cancer! (just kidding to all the doctors out there)

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:49 am

Scott very glad to hear. Congratulations.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:53 pm

great news, Scott!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:49 pm

:supz:

Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:23 pm

AWESOME BUDDY!!!
Post a reply