Switch to full style
This section will be used for notification and news of changes implemented in the Warbird Information Exchange forums, the sites comprising the Warbirds Resource Group, and the Warbird Registry.
Post a reply

Re: Welcome to WIX Gen 3

Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Ah, now the board is starting to look much more familiar and at home. The changes are fantastic!

One question: on the far left hand side besides the topics of the threads, there are located the symbols that tell whether a thread is new or not, been read, etc. The symbol has a circle drawn around it. At about the 10 o'clock position, there is a black dot on the symbol. What does that black dot mean?

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:20 am

warbird1 wrote:Ah, now the board is starting to look much more familiar and at home. The changes are fantastic!

One question: on the far left hand side besides the topics of the threads, there are located the symbols that tell whether a thread is new or not, been read, etc. The symbol has a circle drawn around it. At about the 10 o'clock position, there is a black dot on the symbol. What does that black dot mean?

As far as I can see, it looks like the black dot denotes a topic that you have posted in... if you click on the "View Your Posts" link at the top right hand most side of the header right under the current date, you will notice that all the posts in that list have the black dot on them... so that at least is my assumption! :-)

Thanks for bringing it up! I was wondering the same thing!

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:59 am

Ryan Keough wrote:
As far as I can see, it looks like the black dot denotes a topic that you have posted in... if you click on the "View Your Posts" link at the top right hand most side of the header right under the current date, you will notice that all the posts in that list have the black dot on them... so that at least is my assumption! :-)

Thanks for bringing it up! I was wondering the same thing!

Ah, that makes sense, thanks for the info!

Re: Links don't open in new page

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:14 am

vernicator wrote:Just noticed that links in posts do not open a new page anymore the way they used to in the previous version of the forum. Can this be fixed?

I'll look into it :)

Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:12 pm

Great upgrade, thanks Scott. Are you using pHpBB 3.0 now?

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Scott.......love it & love ya....one small final request...if I may

Default font size up by 2 points.

Again...if you`re ever in Mtl....give me a buzz dude.

A gazillion tks for entertaining my addiction.

Sincerely.

Michel

Re: Links don't open in new page

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:23 am

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
vernicator wrote:Just noticed that links in posts do not open a new page anymore the way they used to in the previous version of the forum. Can this be fixed?

I'll look into it :)

Fixed it ya'll... now they should either open in a new window or new tab. All based on a .js hack I installed to fix it. Let me know if there are any problems.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:13 am

Planebeach wrote:Great upgrade, thanks Scott. Are you using pHpBB 3.0 now?

yup

And Ryan, thanks for the continued help. You rock.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:09 am

just noted that some of the emoticons are not working.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Nathan wrote:just noted that some of the emoticons are not working.

any ideas which ones?

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:11 pm

I am being continuously logged out each time I open a thread. I'm using FF3.5 and have reset my cookies and have the remember me box checked.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:03 pm

wardie wrote:I am being continuously logged out each time I open a thread. I'm using FF3.5 and have reset my cookies and have the remember me box checked.

I have heard of similar problems... let me look into it tonight and see what I can do. Thanks!

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:19 pm

[color=#4000BF]Woo hoo! I just discovered the change and I like it. I also had no trouble going right to the new look.[/color]
Let me add a thank you too, Scott and co. Good work.
Doug

Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Any idea when the search will be operating at full steam?

Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:22 pm

I see the title of the Maintenance hangar has been changed... a wonderful tribute to a departed friend.

We miss you, Gary.

Lynn
Post a reply